Monday, April 15, 2013

Class Summary

This class really scared me at first because when I walked in it was one of my very first classes in a real college away from home, I saw a bunch of older guys who looked and talked a lot smarter than me. BUT I also so a bunch of beautiful young women, so I decided I could stick it out and see what Mythologies is all about :) Thank God for pretty girls 'cause this class has meant so much to me, not only have a learned more than I predicted about Myths and how many ways we can go with that, but it also helped me grow as a person. I came to college with the sole intention of getting away from home and getting a boring degree that will help me make a lot of money in the future. Mythologies changed me in that way because I had no fun learning in high school, but this class was so intriguing that I actually cared about what Professor was talking about and everyday we talked about something that either was related to my life or was so interesting that I didn't even care. I read most of the Metamorphoses, but how much I actually retained-who knows. The book was mostly interesting, some stories were just not my cup of tea. 

Thank you Professor Sexton. You really helped me enjoy my first semester being away from home, and this class has impacted my life more than anyone will ever know, including me. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment